44th Cambridge Beer Festival
Monday 22 to Saturday 27 May 2017
Jesus Green, Cambridge, UK
Welcome to the 44th Cambridge Beer Festival, the longest running CAMRA beer festival and currently one of the largest beer festivals in the UK. The festival features a wide range of beers of all styles from the UK and around the world, as well as cider, perry, mead and wine.
Like all CAMRA festivals the Cambridge beer festival is organised and run by unpaid volunteers. We are always looking for volunteers, old and new. As a volunteer you get cheap beer and free food. If you’d like to help out, whether just for a few hours one evening or throughout the festival, you will be made most welcome. Don’t worry about needing experience, as training will be given and we have a wide range of jobs available. You can volunteer on line.
- Another record-breaking night - The warm, sunny weather has brought people to the festival in record numbers. Nearly 8,000 of you came to the festival yesterday, getting through nearly 14,000 pints of beer. The weather looks set to continue – more beer has been arriving this morning to fill gaps on the bars.
- First night - The opening night of the festival saw over 4,000 people through the door – the second-highest figure ever. As has been the case for the last few years the first cask to go was Sauvignon Blonde from nearby Crafty Beers – but don’t worry, we’ve got 8 of them. Thanks to the volunteers behind the …
- We’re open! - The 44th Cambridge Beer Festival is now open. The first beers and ciders are in glasses. If weather forecasts are to be believed it looks like being a lovely early summer week. We’ve got over 200 beers, 80 ciders and perries, 100 foreign beers, mead and wine from around the UK and around a ton …
- Foreign beer list now online - The 44th Cambridge Beer Festival Foreign Beer list is now available. Come and enjoy exotic deliciousness from Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, France, Sweden, USA and Bulgaria! Prost!
- Another day of setup almost done - As time goes on it’s starting to look more like a beer festival today. Our site volunteers have been working on getting more of the infrastructure working. We now have electricity, which means we have working fridges. We also have somewhere to put the beer when it gets here.
- We have tents - A few bits of infrastructure have appeared over the weekend, but today was the first full day of setup. The festival site volunteers had an early start, and our site suppliers have had a good day. The two main marquees are up, and more marquees are going up as I write. The site will be …
- KeyKeg at the 44th Cambridge Beer Festival - For the second year the Cambridge Beer Festival has a selection of British beers served using the KeyKeg system.
- Wine list now online - Would you care to see the wine list? At the 44th festival we will yet again be serving a smashing selection of English wines.
- Mead list now online - The 44th Cambridge Beer Festival mead list is now available. As always we have a great selection of British meads ranging from dry to sweet.
- Beer list now online - The 44th Cambridge Beer Festival beer list is now available. Take a look at this year’s selection: we’ve some brand new beers and breweries, as well as the old favourites. Also returning this year is our KeyKeg bar – if you’re not familiar with this, one of cellar team has explained why it is worth …