- Fri 28 May 2021
- 18:00 - 19:00
Discover British beer styles
Join Ricky Dolphin, owner and head brewer at Burwell Brewery, to learn about the variety of British beer styles. Discover the rich variety of flavours and how they’re brewed.
Attendance in person is limited to 25 people, due to space requirements. Tickets cost £10, to cover the cost of beer. Profits go to the local carnival fund. Get tickets by emailing or calling Ricky on 07788 311908.
How to join in from home
Ricky has a selection of beers available for joining in at home, available for delivery on Friday morning — contact him to find out more (details above).
He’s also provided some other recommendations for beers in the various styles that he’s going to talk about, for you to follow along at home. You should be able to get many of these in bottle or can from your local independent beer shop.
- Brown ale : Mann’s Brown, Newcastle Brown
- Pale Ale : Badger Pale Ale, Camden Pale Ale
- IPA : Thornbridge Jaipur IPA, Hobgoblin IPA, BrewDog Punk IPA
- Bitter : Adnams Southwold Bitter, St Peter’s Best
- Porter : Fullers London Porter, Northern Monk Chocolate Caramel Biscuit Porter
- Stout : Wiper & True Milk Stout, Black Sheep Milk Stout
- Mild : Thwaites Dark Mild